Sunday, July 22, 2007

Poseidon or Pareidolia

Many years ago, Trent Nelson introduced me to the Weekly World News, and the fact that you can buy a subscription and have it mailed to your house. Being a past subscriber, I was always intrigued by the photos stories such as "Satan's face appears in a cloud." I always thought they were airbrushed or touched up in some way. Yesterday as I was covering the Salt Creek Fire, I shot several photos of a Helicopter dropping water on the flames.
As I was editing, I was amazed at what appeared to be the face or the Greek God Poseidon, or as the Romans called him, King Neptune, falling on the flames in Nephi Canyon.

4 comments:

Mike Terry said...

YES! I see it too!

Ty Cobb said...

That is crazy I'm with you I alway that those pictures were airbrushed too.

the.kim.peterson said...

weird and cool. I love the Weekly World News. I bought one that said an Alien Noah's ark landed in Utah. Also, why were you in Dublin? (And thanks for liking the pics, though they're all so unedited that it almost hurt to post some)

flatcat said...

looks more like Al Hartmann