Saturday, June 12, 2010

Joshua Yazzie Funeral



I took the two test photos above, trying to plan my shot. Seconds later I was informed (after driving 160 miles to Ft Duchesne), the family had requested that there be no media at the funeral. I was disappointed, as the photo possibilities were endless. I stayed to watch as the flag covered casket was carried between the lines of police officers from all across the state, with the highway patrol saluting in the background, It was an incredible site.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sorry you felt that your 160 mile drive was wasted due to the no media request. Did you even know him, or where you just one of the many that find our tragedy to be something to talk about. I made the request for privacy of his children. When your tragedy is on public display maybe you will understand then why I made it.

Jessica
wife of officer Joshua Yazzie