Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Disappointing Heather

11-year-old Aly Makestad splashes in the Seven Canyons Fountain at Liberty Park with her friends, trying to stay cool. I often hand out business cards to parents and kids so they know I am a legitimate photographer, but today was a first. I got a call early this morning from 9-year-old Heather Makestad (below). She asked me "Are you going to put my picture in the paper, or just my sisters?" She sounded very sad when I told her she didn't make the paper. I hate disappointing kids but I snapped more than three hundred photos, got names from 7 kids. Only Aly's photo made the front page.

2 comments:

Kammy T said...

I think they are both amazing photos, and how cool that Heather called you.

Eileen said...

I love your photos! They are always so unique and random. Thanks for the inspiration.

How is life in the Land Bountiful? Could you please turn the heat down a little? :)