Monday, March 19, 2007

Things my mother said


One day while visiting my parents my mother suddenly, with a huge smile on her face, said "Ishkabibble". It was few months before my she passed away, she had Alzheimer's Disease. She often said nonsensical things that seemed to have no connection to reality. Four years later I read an obituary in the Salt Lake Tribune: Merwyn Bogue (Ish Kabibble) Born January 19, 1908 : comic singer:sang and played trumpet with Kay Kyser’s Kollege of Musical Knowledge; big bandleader; combo: The Shy Guys; died June 5, 1994) I wish everything she said in that odd stage of her life was as memorable as the word "Ishkabibble".

1 comment:

Bob and Joyce Wold said...

Wow! You never told me that. I'll bet everything she said to us came from something in her memory. . .(even bouncing cheese)!