Thursday, March 29, 2007

Abdulkadir Dinkin

I had an assignment to photograph a story about refugees loosing their affordable housing. More than 700 refugees, many from Somalia, may be forced to leave their apartments in Salt Lake because the new apartment owners from San Francisco are hiking the rent up to $200 a month. 3-year-old Abdulkadir Dinkin was very shy at first, hiding behind the couch from my camera. After awhile he became curious, and sat on the couch with me, eventually sneaked my camera when I wasn't looking. Abdulkadir snapped 117 frames before I could grab the camera from him, and he even got a couple of them in focus.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Cute kid, sweet camera!

Mike Terry said...

Yes, nice face! The boozer shot is dope too.

the.kim.peterson said...

That kid is so very cute. His skills as a photographer aren't to shabby either

Bob and Joyce Wold said...

What a cute little guy!! You're so nice to let him "use" your camera! :- )