Monday, April 2, 2007

James Olsen


James Olsen, a high school friend of mine died of Cancer last Thursday, he was 49. I first met James and his brother Don, when I was in the 5th grade. They challenged Doug Dowdell and I to a two on two basketball game at Provo High school one Saturday morning. They beat us badly, neither one seemed to miss a shot. James played football for Provo High, he coached football at Timpview high, and remember James as a referee at Jr. College football games I was photographing. James always had something funny to say, no matter what the occasion was, He had season tickets in the South end zone for BYU football. I don't remember a football game in the past decade that I didn't hear James hollering my name as I photographed a game in the end zone. When I found out he had died, I went through my archives, and found a picture of James from the BYU -Airforce game in October 20, 2001, smiling in the crowd as always. I'll miss that smile next season.

1 comment:

the.kim.peterson said...

At least you have a picture. Sometimes the most random pictures turn out to be the most meaningful. At least, I think so.